Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I want to post about Christmas, but don't have pics ready so I am doing this out of order since today is the last day of 2008, (I have to do something on time!). Today started as any other with me dragging myself unwantingly out of bed. I took sweet Jasper to the vet to be "altered" as they call it, but it really means fixed! Poor thing, didn't even make it to manhood before they nixed his possibilities. He did and is doing great! He is so cuddly cute. I go to rub his chin and he puts his paw up on my arm and leans his head into me. I can't believe I enjoy that! Anyone who has known me long will attest that it is very un-me like. After that I went to work for a couple of hours and then to the grocery store. Now I am sitting in a completely quiet house as all children are playing elsewhere and Tera is asleep. Why am I writing this you ask? Because it must go down in history how I spent the last day of 2008.

Here are some things that I want to happen for 2009 as you read this quite meaningless post:
1. I want to be less cluttered.

2. I want to go more places with my family

3. I want to have more fun!

4. I want to be better.

5. I want to have less of me (ok, that's just another way to say loose weight, but it didn't happen last year when I said it like that so I am trying a new tactic!)

Normally I would say something about being more spiritual and stuff, but I am really working on that already so I listed the things I am NOT working on at the moment to try to see if they will become part of the work load!

2009 looks a little scary on the horizon what with all the world changes, but I have faith in my Heavenly Father and I see that what happens now is all part of the plan. We have been preparing for the last days since I was born, I hope they are coming to an end soon. As scary as they may seem, they are way more exciting! As hard as it may get, I can't think of anything greater to see. When we know that the bad things happening are signs that the Savior will come soon, it makes them a little easier to handle. To be on this earth when the Savior returns can not quite be imagined, yet, I hope it will be experienced! Plus, I don't want to leave my kids to go through it alone (not that they wouldn't handle it better than I would, but still, mother's love thing going on!) I just hope that my effort is good enough and that I keep trying to do my best and not just my "get by".

Ok, enough of the deep thinking. Onto more nonsense! Can you believe I have a 14 year old??? NO, I am not old enough, and tonight will be her first dance! She is so excited, she can hardly wait for it to get dark! I remember my dances, what fun, what fun. At least I know she will have a good time as she is not afraid to be herself and have a good time. (It helps that she is so darn cute!)

Also in 20 days I will have a boy turn 12. A Deacon? No way! I can't believe how they are all growing up on me. Does anyone know how to make it stop? Not that I really want to. It is kinda fun to see them mature and learn.

Ok, too long of a post, I know. Time to stop. Think I covered all the bases. Oh, one more thing. Oldest off to a dance. Middle two off to the grandparents for the night, baby to bed early...How do I ring in the new year? Hmmm... quietly snoring I am sure!!

2 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Happy New Year! I hope you had a good sleep and I know Ashten had a blast according to what she told E'lyse.
I can't believe that 2008 is over. I am truly glad though and pray that 2009 will be better.
Come visit my new blog.
http://thehealthhabit.blogspot.com/Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Melissa M. said...

Great post Jodi!
I think you should add to your list, -Blog more posts for Melissa to enjoy.