Saturday, November 22, 2008
My Knight
Last week I went to the dentist to have an old filling removed and then a root canal done on a tooth. The old filling had cracked and a cavity formed underneath - thus the root canal. Well, after getting all the cavity out there was not much tooth left and it would have cost way too much to try and save. They ended up pulling the tooth, only pulling is just the half of it! I thought he was going to break my jaw - he yanked to the left and right, then up and down, then he took the scalpel and cut the gums to see if it would release. He then states to me, "sorry about this, but I am going to try and spread the bone to see if the roots will release." Yeah, he did! Well, I don't know about you, but I don't think bone "spreads"! At least my bone doesn't. Finally he breaks the tooth in half and pries one root out at a time. Needless to say I felt like I had been beat up! I went home and had some nice percocet that let me sleep a restless night -meaning not very well! To make it all worse, I had happily the day before sent my dear hubby on a fishing trip with some friends. With my job I am required to take on call four days a month. My day just happened to be the following day - Saturday. Supposedly the on call person "never gets called out". Whatever, they were calling me by 8 in the morning! I had tried to get someone to cover for me but to no avail. The scheduler did her best to keep me home until around 2 pm. Then I was told to see three different patients. I couldn't believe it. I was unable to take my pain meds because of needing to drive and work, and the morning dose of tylenol was not helping at all. After seeing one patient and getting upset with the scheduler I was able to get someone else to see the other two patients and I started for home. I was in pain, tired, could hardly talk and wanted to cry. My phone rings and it is Chad to tell me he is home. I immediately bawl into the phone and he listens as I tell how horrible it was that he was not here to witness such obvious torture on me! He tells me to come home and so when I get there he meets me in the garage with a big hug and a gentle kiss on the cheek. Then the next thing he says is give me your phone and pager, go take some pain pills and get into bed - yeah, he is my knight in shining armor! It helps that he works for the same company as I do and he went out on a call at 10pm and didn't come back until almost 1 am. Yeah, he is my Knight. I love him to pieces! Thank you, Babe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh I hate going to the dentist - You just convinced me to put it off a little longer!!
Give that man a Klondike bar. Husbands are great to have around most of the time. Glad he came home to help, sorry to hear about the dentist it made my mouth hurt just reading about it.
Post a Comment