Thanksgiving day - a day to be grateful for our great abundance and blessings. I am truly grateful for ALL things in my life - good and bad. I could easily do without the bad, but would not be worth much. Top Three on my list of the good are: My redeeming Savior, my Family, my Friends. Then we get to the more wordly things - my home, job, van. I could list a few thousand things I am THANKFUL for, but I don't want to right now as my hands won't type fast enough and my brain is already on two hundred thirty! Just know that if you are reading this then you are probably in the top one hundred or less!
I spent Thursday with my fave 5. We had a light lunch of different gourmet cheeses, meats and crackers, and Martenelli's in fancy punch glasses. The kids thought I was crazy but enjoyed themselves completely. We then went to the theatre and watched Madagascar 2 - was fun, but thought a little lacking in the plot department, felt a little too much like Simba! BUT the tradition is a trip to the theatre for a movie the whole family will enjoy so that is the choice we made.
After the movie we went to visit Grami and Pops. Grami took the kids for a ride on the golf cart while I helped Pops clean the kitchen. After about twenty minutes they came back and were all excited because they got pulled over by a policeman. Mind you, they live on acreage in Gilbert with quiet, sleepy roads. (very safe in my mind) The cart was licensed for the road, however, my thirteen year old driving was NOT! The threat of jail for Grami and no driving till 18 for daughter was made along with a hefty fine for no seatbelts for littles. Quite funny considering Grami is a "by the book" kind of Grami! Because it was Thanksgiving he "let them off with a warning" but sent them straight home. I laughed as these things just don't happen to my mom!
That was too much excitement for the day so we came home and watched Fred Clause on DVD, eased a little tummy after vomiting cheese, crackers, popcorn and soda, and then off to dreamland!
So thankful for all the blessings in my life - like mom's willing to risk jail to let granddaughters learn to drive- hehe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment