Monday, August 4, 2008

Work

Work can be defined many ways. I define it as "anything that takes me away from what I REALLY want to do!" Right now that is blog - which as you can see is not happening enough! There are lots of different types of work: there is the kind that pays you money - which I don't like to do but will on occasion (not the money part, that is always good to have!); the kind of work that pays in blessings (I hope) - like digging weeds out from around trees at the temple and spreading stinky, hot mulch over the ground (yep, did this with the fam on Saturday morning after only 3 hours of sleep thanks to some awesome friends that kept me out all night on a quest for "dawn"!); then there is the kind of work that doesn't pay jack squat, not even when I try to pretend there is some appreciation that doesn't seem to exist - like laundry, dishes, dirty diapers, unpacking from girls camp I came home from in JUNE! I am sure there are more kinds of work, but those seem to take up the most of my time lately - and speaking of lately, I think I might turn into a pumpkin soon! Not exactly work, but something else taking me from my desire - but at least I will enjoy it fully - good night!

No comments: